We recognize that for business owners a financial strategy must be built around their business and how it fits into their lifetime objectives. A business can represent the greatest asset a client owns, or it can become the largest problem in a poorly-assembled
estate or financial plan. Since our approach is holistic, we recognize that a profit sharing pension plan or any particular investment recommendation may be insufficient when put in the context of a business transfer strategy, executive retention plan, or long-term business growth objective.
Additionally, while some strategies may have been appropriate when implemented, reviewing them for current sufficiency and progress towards a stated goal is critical to stay on track.
Business Planning Services
- Business Continuation Strategies
- Buy-Sell Planning and Funding
- Informal Business Valuation Services
- Pension Plan Analysis with Evaluation Against “Successful” vs. “Popular” Plan Metrics
- Executive Benefit and Deferred Compensation Strategies, including Phantom Stock Plans and 409A Compliance
- 401(k) and Qualified Plan Design Assistance and Implementation
- 401(k) Enrollment and Education, 404(c) Fiduciary Relief, 408(b)(2) Disclosures
- 412(e)(3) Plans, Profit Sharing Plans, SEPs, SIMPLEs
- Voluntary Employee Financial Seminars
- Own-occupation Disability Protection
- Multi-Life Guaranteed Standard Issue Own-occupation Disability Protection
- Corporate Debt Protection
- Disability Overhead Expense Coverage
- Employer-paid Long Term Care
- Group Health Care and Ancillary Benefits
We believe evaluating a business owner’s financial strategies related to protection, liquidity, human and asset retention, and business continuation is critical to real success.
David M. Edwards & Associates
Financial Services, Inc., does not give legal or tax advice. You should consult
your tax or legal advisor regarding your individual situation.